[Samba] 4.2 RDP problem

Juan Rodríguez jerdguez at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 14:21:58 MDT 2015

I am having the problem explained in the thread subject: samba 4.2 RDP
problem
The problem is when signing in a domain user via RDP. The
authentications works but the machine hangs on
the Welcome screen.

In the samba log the last thing I see is: rpc command: WINREG_OPENHKLM

As mentioned in that thread, changing the auth to: auth methods = sam,
sam_ignoredomain, unix, winbind, wbc, trustdomain, ntdomain, guest
works.

Tested on 4.2.17, 4.2.18 and with the same results.
Downgrading to 4.1.18 solved the problem.

Has anyone found a solution for this?

Thanks,
Juan