[Samba] Samba4 Secondary DC as Backup DC (redundancy)

Daniel Carrasco Marín danielmadrid19 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 12:30:52 MDT 2015

Porque
El 23/6/2015 8:23 p. m., "Rowland Penny" <rowlandpenny at googlemail.com>
escribió:

> On 23/06/15 19:19, Daniel Carrasco Marín wrote:
>>

>> El 23/6/2015 8:11 p. m., "Rowland Penny" <rowlandpenny at googlemail.com>
escribió:

>> > OK, how do the clients get their ipaddress etc, is this by DHCP or do
they have static addresses ?

>> > If it is by DHCP, then the dhcp server needs to push out both DCs as
nameservers, if static, then each client needs to be set to use both DCs as
nameservers.

>> > The DCs need to be set to use each other as nameservers, falling back
to themselves in case of failure i.e. /etc/resolv.conf needs to be this:

>> > search samdom.example.com
>> > nameserver 192.168.0.3
>> > nameserver 192.168.0.2
>> >
>> > Where 'samdom.example.com' is your domain name
>> > 192.168.0.3 is the other DC
>> > 192.168.0.2 is the DC this /etc/resolv.conf is on
>> >
>> > Swap the two nameserver on the other DC.
>> >
>> > Rowland
>> >

>> > --
>>
>> I see. I'll take a look tomorrow.
>>
>> I'm migrating an old samba domain, then for now i've clients with mixed
DHCP (ip by DHCP, but DNS is static).

>> Thanks!!
>

> It would probably be best to just set the hostname on the clients, then
get the DHCP server to push out the domain name etc, you can if you wish,
run a dhcp server on one of the samba4 AD DCs

> Rowland

Thanks for the suggestion, but i'm using a proxy server as dhcp and for now
i don't want to change it.

Greetings!!