[Samba] Migrating from Samba3.6(ldap) to Samba4.2.2

Florentin Richard florentinrichard at outlook.com
Tue Jun 23 03:35:56 MDT 2015

Hi i'm actually trying to migrate my samba 3.6 PDC NT-4 domain with openldap as backend to samba4 AD type domain witch bind_dlz

so i followed the documentation https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_Classic_Upgrade_%28NT4-style_domain_to_AD%29
the command :
samba-tool domain classicupgrade --dbdir=/root/sambe/ --use-xattrs=yes --realm=mydom.local --dns-backend=BIND9_DLZ /root/samba/etc/smb.conf

i can provide the output if needed but it doesn't seem to give me any error.

until now everything is fine the named and the samba service start

but when i try to test samba witch

smbclient -L localhost -UAdministratori get this output:  session setup failed: NT_STATUS_OBJECT_NAME_NOT_FOUND

my first thought was that my ldap base did not import correctly and my user were in fact not here but went i check witch :

ldbsearch -H /var/lib/samba/private/sam.ldb '(objectclass=person)' name managedby

all of my user are here  and  my base seem to be ok

i can'i find anything in the log of samba or in the syslog

i use the sernet package for samba 4.2.2 and also for the old samba 3.6
centos 6.6
bind 9.8.2

i can't find a solution on google so i come to you for help

Thanks Florentin Richard

ps: English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.