[Samba] Bi-directional sync for Sysvol folder -- Osync?

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Mon Jun 22 07:05:01 MDT 2015

Hai Min Wai Chan,

I have tested it as shown in your example, and your correct.
I did a few test, but im very buzy atm.
Few things i noticed.

I compaired the rights in linux and these are the same, but when i look at the rights in windows, these are different.. :-/
but wait..
Sync DC1 => DC2 , files and folder rights are ok, in windows and in linux
Sync DC2 => DC1, files and folder rights in windows are same but different compaired to dc1.

ow and i have :
acl_xattr:ignore system acls = yes
set on sysvol and netlogon

So can you test also a bit with the following and report back?

change /etc/cron.d/sysvol-sync  to

*/5 * * * *  root  /usr/bin/unison && /usr/bin/rsync -XAavzu --log-file /var/log/sysvol-sync.log --delete-after -f"+ */" -f"- *"  /var/lib/samba/sysvol root at 192.168.0.2:/var/lib/samba    &> /dev/null

so i change the order, first unison, then rsync.
and i added -u in the rsync command.

Greetz,

Louis