[Samba] Samba 4 Computer Configuration GPO not applied

Marco Wagner wagnerm at physi.uni-heidelberg.de
Sun Jun 21 06:06:35 MDT 2015

Hello,

i got a strange error here.
all GPOS with User Configuration are working as expected. But GPOS with
Computer Configurations are not applied.

In Windows Event Viewer an Error with ID 1058 occures. (Cannot access GPO on
Sysvol share)
But if I browse to that gpo it works without an access denied or something
else.

I tried https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2013-March/172474.html but
without success.

I always created an thread on the official Microsoft technet, to find out if
this error is samba related or not.

You can find necessary informations here:
https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/63a93244-2610-4f20-936b-97
eaf21d11cb/gpo-computer-setting-for-specific-computers-and-specific-group?fo
rum=winserverGP

I hope somebody can help me/us with this problem.