[Samba] wbinfo fails: Error looking up domain users

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 17 02:43:42 MDT 2015

On 17/06/15 08:16, Marc Rechté wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to setup an AD member server. I followed the wiki
> (https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setup_a_Samba_AD_Member_Server). I
> am on Fedora 21.
>
> The domain join succeeded
>
> But wbinfo fails:
>
> $ wbinfo -u
> Error looking up domain users
>
> I tried to increase windbind log verbosity to 10, but I can see no
> trace when issuing wbinfo:
> /etc/smb.conf
>        log level = winbind:10
>
> Thanks

OK, I can assure you what is on that page works (well it does on
Debian). Straight after the join, before you do anything else, wbinfo -u
should work, the links are only required for getent to work.

I don't think anybody can help you fix this problem without more info,
what's in /etc/resolv.conf, /etc/krb5.conf, smb.conf etc

Rowland