[Samba] Ugh - half connected Win 7 machines to Samba 4.1.18 AD

Paul R. Ganci ganci at nurdog.com
Tue Jun 16 21:30:12 MDT 2015

On 06/16/2015 08:35 PM, Paul R. Ganci wrote:
>  And worse yet if I create a new user on the Windows 7 box using ADUC
> it does not show up on the AD at all.

This statement is not true. If I do:

 > net ADS USER
account3
[...]

The new user created shows up on the AD. Also

 >wbinfo -n account3

gives the SID S-1-5-21-729452656-3029571206-2736118167-1146

I must have made a typo when asking for this information the 1st time.

Also for this new account3 created from the Windows 7 Professional box
ADUC a roaming profile could be created. So I am not sure what happened
but it looks like the AD is working properly for newly created
accounts,  for the administrator and for the original user account1. I
would still appreciate ideas on how to salvage the roaming profile for
account2.

Sorry for the misinformation and thanks.