[Samba] How Can I create a group policies with Samba?

Jason Long hack3rcon at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 13 22:52:02 MDT 2015

Thank you but it just solve a problem. How about other? For example, You want to disable all Clients Firewall when they logging to their systems or set a specific proxy without Squid-cache.

     On Saturday, June 13, 2015 7:18 PM, Marc Muehlfeld <mmuehlfeld at samba.org> wrote:

 Hello Jason,

Am 13.06.2015 um 16:36 schrieb Jason Long:
> I mean is that If we have 2000 Linux clients with Red Hat or
> CentOS server and want to write a policy for Clients that a network
> location mapped automatically on them, What should we do?

At work I use autofs for that. If a user ls/cd/.. in a defined
directory, autofs mounts the share with the user credentials to that
place. No need for the user to enter his/her credentials or store them
in a file or something. If the user is authenticated at KDE login
against the domain via winbind, then autofs does the rest.

I've created a kickstart file and put it on the install DVD. So when
ever someone installs a new CentOS7 client, everything is automatically
there (smb.conf, autofs configs). If the machine should be a domain
member, it just has to be joined to the domain. Works great for all
Linux users at work.

Regards,
Marc