[Samba] WInbindd Home DIrectory and Shell

Brady, Mike mike.brady at devnull.net.nz
Mon Jun 15 21:03:35 MDT 2015

With the switch to using winbindd on Domain Controllers in 4.2, should a
getent passwd now be showing the home directory and shell that is in the
RFC2307 attributes in the directory like a member server does?

I all ways thought that this was a difference between the internal
winbind and the external winbindd, but my 4.2 DC looks like it is still
using the templates rather than looking the values up in the directory.

Centos 7.1/Samba 4.2.2 DC configuration

/etc/samba/smb.conf
[global]
         workgroup = SAMBA
         realm = samba.xxxxxxx.xx.xx
         netbios name = DC03

         # Using bind_dlz
         server services = -dns

         idmap config SAMBA:backend = ad
         idmap config SAMBA:schema_mode = rfc2307
         idmap config SAMBA:range = 1000000-5000000

         idmap config *:backend = tdb
         idmap config *:range = 70001-80000

         winbind nss info = rfc2307

         idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes

         winbind trusted domains only = no
         winbind use default domain = no
         winbind enum users = yes
         winbind enum groups = yes

[netlogon]
         path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol/samba.xxxxxxx.xx.xx/scripts
         read only = No

[sysvol]
         path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol
         read only = No