[Samba] samba member file server failer

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Mon Jun 15 00:58:09 MDT 2015

Hi David,

If you only are use windows users.. and no linux user will access the windows shares
then its very simple,

on the file server, set any idmap ( rid or AD ) it does not care.
Most easy is rid, most flexible for expanding, set AD.
winbind is easy to setup.
and on any share you make for windows, set.
acl_xattr:ignore system acl = yes
read :
https://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/manpages/vfs_acl_xattr.8.html

Greetz,