[Samba] idmap & migration to rfc2307

Jonathan Hunter jmhunter1 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 20:14:02 MDT 2015

On 13 June 2015 at 16:42, buhorojo <buhorojo.lcb at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 13/06/15 17:33, Jonathan Hunter wrote:
>> I have the following in smb.conf:
>>          server services = -dns +winbind -winbindd
>
> this is also winbind:
>>
>>          idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes
>
> Lose it.

Hmmm OK - what would tell samba to use rfc2307 in that case - would it
do so automatically ??

>> and no 'winbind' lines anywhere.
>> - use rfc2307 UIDs (sadly, this is a must - I *wish* I could use some
>> kind of algorithmic mapping, ideally sssd's logic, but any really!)
>
> If you want consistency, you can't. You have to read nss information from
> the ad database. Anyway, well done:)

Yup. I was hoping that samba would be able to either use the rid
mapping code (which I know it won't do, on a DC) or, even more
far-fetched, use the algorithm used by sssd where a UID is picked
based on the entire SID. Ah well.. :)

--
"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called
research, would it?"