[Samba] idmap & migration to rfc2307

buhorojo buhorojo.lcb at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 02:34:03 MDT 2015

On 13/06/15 00:01, Jonathan Hunter wrote:
> On 12 June 2015 at 08:55, Jonathan Hunter <jmhunter1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Thanks buhorojo. The sssd list came up trumps here. When changing ID
>> mappings, the sssd database must be manually removed (rm
>> /var/lib/sss/db/*). I now have sssd working again :)
>>
>> I shall keep an eye on the mappings during the day today..
> Sadly, even though sssd is now running and I'm no longer reliant on
> winbind, the rest of samba doesn't seem to be taking notice of these
> mappings - again, only after a period of time (it's OK at first, but
> then switches to the wrong mappings).
Then you must have some winbind(d) nonsense stlll. Remove the .tdb s and
killall winbindd processes. Make sure the idmap_ldb line is removed.
Make sure only winbind is running at samba start up  (I think it's
+winbind, -winbindd) and lose all refrences to winbind in nsswitch.conf.
net cache flush doesn't work. You need to remove the databases.
HTH