[Samba] idmap & migration to rfc2307

Jonathan Hunter jmhunter1 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 17:34:43 MDT 2015

On 11 June 2015 at 23:18, buhorojo <buhorojo.lcb at gmail.com> wrote:
> The idmap db will only be consulted if the object does not have either a
> uidNumber or gidNumber attribute. The easiest way to stop the pain is to:
> 1. make sure that your users have the two attributes
> 2. remove the idmap line in smb.conf
> 3. kill winbindd
> 4. consult nss information directly from your unique ad database using sssd

Thank you. I wish I could use sssd - unfortunately it no longer starts
up now I'm using rfc2307 and have "ldap_id_mapping = False" in
sssd.conf (I've asked on the sssd mailing list what's up with that...)

I wish I could just use algorithmic RID mapping on a DC, instead of
needing to add rfc2307 attributes to all my users, argh!

Thanks :)

"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called
research, would it?"
      - Albert Einstein