[Samba] How Can I create a group policies with Samba?

Rob Townley rob.townley at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 13:11:54 MDT 2015

Not sure if you are asking about server or client.  Are you asking about :

   1. Pushing GPOs via Linux SaMBa Server to Windows machines?
   1. i believe this has been somewhat doable for years using a windows
      workstation mmc pointed at a Samba Server.
   2. Pushing GPOs via Linux SaMBa Server to Linux machines?
      1. At least four years ago, LikeWise.com had some very limited GPO
      support for Linux clients.

Other options to research would be "Desired State Configuration" and or
otherwise move to a devops flavor of configuration management.  MS AD GPOs
are in XML and should to some extent be parseable by anything.