[Samba] testing a file server

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Thu Jun 11 07:53:24 MDT 2015

Hello David,

Am 11.06.2015 um 01:57 schrieb David Bear:
> if I were to build samba and configure it as a member server in an ad
> domain, could I just wipe everything in $PREFIX/var and have a 'clean'
> samba to play with again ?

Clean up the for folder, the follwing command prints:
$ testparm -sv | egrep "state directory|lock directory|cache
directory|private dir"

> I would also need to remove the machine from the domain, but that would be
> a separate issue.

You must remove the machine account form your AD. Anyway you can just
re-join the cleaned-up host again, without removing the account. It is
overwritten, if the hostname is the same.

Regards,
Marc