[Samba] vfs_fruit works great on OS X 10.9.5, 10.10.3 notsomuch

Morgan, David S DAVID_MORGAN at hms.harvard.edu
Thu Jun 11 07:32:31 MDT 2015

Hi Ralph,

Ok, the problem was a PEBKAC issue. :-)  Sorry to waste your time.

In troubleshooting this earlier, I'd created the file "nsmb.conf" in my
user Library directory with the following contents:

[default]
smb_neg=smb1_only

In earlier troubleshooting, some folks suggested that might help the
situation.  It didn't, and I'd forgotten to remove it.  I've removed it
now, and now my Yosemite connections are lightning fast! (well, for
sufficiently slow lightning... ;-) )

Thanks again.
David

David S Morgan, Ph.D.       david_morgan at hms.harvard.edu
Director                    http://wqcg.med.harvard.edu
West Quad Computing Group   Office: 617-651-0259
Harvard Medical School