[Samba] using the DC as a file Server in AD

joseph-andre Guaragna jaguaragna at rdmo.com
Thu Jun 11 06:18:06 MDT 2015

HI,

We face your problem when we first migrate to samba4 AD domain. We
decice as you did to only work with the RSAT tools.

If it directory with lot of subdirectories with different acls. What
we did is every group who dld need acces as a read-only at the root
directory and then applied the allowe/disallow on every subdirectories
directly via the RSAT tools.

Using this rules we never face anymore problems.

Meilleures salutations / Best regards,

Joseph-André GUARAGNA
ingénieur Système et Réseau / Network and System engineer

RD MACHINES-OUTILS

77, allée de l'Industrie  F-74130 CONTAMINE SUR ARVE
Tel : +33 (0) 4 50 03 90 77    -   Fax :+33 (0) 4 50 03 66 79
www.rdmo.com / www.rdmo-spare-parts.com