[Samba] Need another workaround for FSMO transfer problem

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 11 05:10:52 MDT 2015

On 11/06/15 11:51, John Lewis wrote:
> On 06/11/2015 04:33 AM, Rowland Penny wrote:

>>> I don't know if this has got too advanced for the user list, but I tried
>>> applying your patch to the source package in Debian and here is my
>>> result.

>>> I would like to get this built in so I can migrate my Domain Controller
>>> so I can finally finish my OS upgrade s so I can work on my front end
>>> stuff.
>>>

>> The patch has changed quite a lot and is supposed to apply to
>> samba-master from samba git.
>> If it would help, I could probably send you a fully patched fsmo.py to
>> test.
>>
>> Rowland
> I think it would help. I would probably talk to a package maintainer
> about adding an out of of tree patch or building a new package from git
> source.

Ah, no, it either goes into samba or it goes nowhere, if you are
prepared to use it to just get you out of your problem, I will supply
you with a copy. You must not pass it to any package maintainer.
I will give samba-technical a prod, the latest version is deemed usable
by Jelmer, it just needs another dev to OK it and push it.

Rowland