[Samba] samba member file server failer

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 10 14:28:48 MDT 2015

On 10/06/15 21:15, David Bear wrote:
> Thanks Rowland -- will attempt to pull the startup script from the deb
> package.
>
> Just to clarify, When starting samba as an AD DC, we use the
> samba-ad-dc  script, when starting samba as a file server only, we
> need a script that only starts smbd, nmbd, and winbind.  ?

Basically yes, but on Debian the script called  samba will start the AD
DC by running the samba-ad-dc script, or it will run the two scripts
called smbd and nmbd to start a member server. I would suggest that you
just use the smbd & nmbd scripts, you will also need the winbind script
from the winbind package if you intend to use winbind.

Rowland