[Samba] compiling samba in an container

David Bear dwbear75 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 17:44:00 MDT 2015

my first round of trying to compile samba 4.2 from source in an lxc
container. Host OS is ubuntu 14.04 lts, and lxc template was the ubuntu
template. This is a privileged container.

good news, is the container seems to function well. Bad news is missing
dependancies.

So, in tracking down depenancies, here's what I installed in to the
container

apt-get install python
apt-get install python-dev
apt-get install libxslt-dev
apt-get install ldap-utils
apt-get install libldap2
apt-get install libgnutls-dev
apt-get install gnutls-bin

Running configure I get stuck  at

tail bin/config.log -
Checking for gnutls >= 3.0.0s
pkg-config --errors-to-stdout --print-errors "gnutls >= 3.0.0" --cflags
--libs gnutls
/bin/sh: 1: pkg-config: not found
not found

Checking for gnutls >= 1.4.0 and broken versions
pkg-config --errors-to-stdout --print-errors "gnutls >= 1.4.0 gnutls !=
2.2.4 gnutls != 2.8.0 gnutls != 2.8.1" --cflags --libs gnutls
/bin/sh: 1: pkg-config: not found
not found

So, is it the case of missing a dev lib ? or the case of configure not
finding the libgnutls-dev package ? Any advice?

--
David Bear
mobile: (602) 903-6476