[Samba] What does idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes do exactly?

Brady, Mike mike.brady at devnull.net.nz
Thu Jun 4 16:24:47 MDT 2015

On 2015-06-05 04:54, buhorojo wrote:
> On 04/06/15 18:35, Sébastien Le Ray wrote:
>> Shell & homedir are correctly fetched on member servers.
> Without:
>  idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes

Does idmap_ldb apply to both the internal winbind on a DC and the
external winbindd on a file server?

On a 4.1 DC using the internal winbind the only winbind related
configuration that I have is
         idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes

But on my file servers I have always had additional winbind
configuration along the lines of the following:

         idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes
         idmap config *:backend = tdb
         idmap config *:range = 70001-80000
         idmap config SAMBA:backend = ad
         idmap config SAMBA:schema_mode = rfc2307
         idmap config SAMBA:range = 1000000-5000000
         winbind nss info = rfc2307

On a 4.2 DC the external winbindd is now used by default.  Should I now
have this additional configuration on the DC as well?

I have 2x 4.1 DC and 1x 4.1 file server and am just starting to work
through upgrading to 4.2.  I have added a 4.2 DC to the domain and
wbinfo and getent all return the results that I expect on all four
machines so I am just trying to make sure that I doing things correctly
rather than having something that does not work.

Thanks

Mike