[Samba] Anybody got windows 10 working with our classic DC / need to migrate to samba4?

Scott Lovenberg scott.lovenberg at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 13:47:00 MDT 2015

On Thu, Jun 4, 2015 at 5:23 AM, Marc Muehlfeld <mmuehlfeld at samba.org> wrote:
> Hello Scott,
>
> Am 04.06.2015 um 08:47 schrieb Scott Lovenberg:
>> Marc, I'm assuming your test was a clean Samba install with stock
>> configurations and a clean Windows-10 9926 (with no previous contact
>> to either AD or NT4 domains)?
>
> Yes. It was a new installed Windows 10 TP build 9926, with no contact to
> any AD or NT4 domain before. Also the Samba 4.2.1 PDC was a fresh
> installation with empty databases.
>
> Sadly the latest official Insider Preview build 10074 doesn't install in
> KVM (bluescreen after setup start) and Windows Update hangs in an
> update-and-restore-endless-loop here in 9926, I can't try it with a
> newer version at the moment.

Hi Marc and List,

For what it's worth, I was able to install and update build 10074 on
the current VirtualBox release.  Granted, it's less than an ideal
virtualization platform for anything outside of desktop use, but it's
a route to consider until the QEMU/KVM driver situation is remedied.
Unfortunately I haven't been able to test my theory yet for all the
fires I'm putting out at work today.

--
Peace and Blessings,
-Scott.