[Samba] What does idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes do exactly?

Sébastien Le Ray sebastien-samba at orniz.org
Thu Jun 4 10:35:05 MDT 2015

Hi,

http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2307

It is used to pull down UNIX information from active directory (namely
uid, gid, homedir, shell). Support is partial on domain controller since
shell & homedir can only be set through * template parameters in
smb.conf despite rfc2307 being used. Shell & homedir are correctly
fetched on member servers.

Regards,