[Samba] Anybody got windows 10 working with our classic DC / need to migrate to samba4?

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Thu Jun 4 04:23:13 MDT 2015

Hello Scott,

Am 04.06.2015 um 08:47 schrieb Scott Lovenberg:
> Marc, I'm assuming your test was a clean Samba install with stock
> configurations and a clean Windows-10 9926 (with no previous contact
> to either AD or NT4 domains)?

Yes. It was a new installed Windows 10 TP build 9926, with no contact to
any AD or NT4 domain before. Also the Samba 4.2.1 PDC was a fresh
installation with empty databases.

Sadly the latest official Insider Preview build 10074 doesn't install in
KVM (bluescreen after setup start) and Windows Update hangs in an
update-and-restore-endless-loop here in 9926, I can't try it with a
newer version at the moment.

Regards,
Marc