[Samba] No builtin nor plugin backend for ldapsam found

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 3 05:58:00 MDT 2015

On 03/06/15 12:42, Francesco Malvezzi wrote:
>> Hmm, '--with-ldap' is the default, so you don't really need to give it,
>> what OS are you compiling on ? what extra packages did you install
>> before you compiled samba ?
>>
>> Rowland
>
> it is Debian GNU/Linux Wheezy, with:
>
> ii  libldap2-dev:i386                    2.4.31-2
> i386         OpenLDAP development libraries
> ii  libsasl2-dev                         2.1.25.dfsg1-6+deb7u1
> i386         Cyrus SASL - development files for authentication
> abstraction library
>
> do you need extra details? Did I answer to your question?
>
> thank for your time,
>
> Francesco

No, I don't need any more details and yes, you did answer my question
(well sort of, I am sure you installed more packages than that).

Stop building samba, add this to /etc/apt/sources.list

# wheezy-backports
deb http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian wheezy-backports main
deb-src http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian wheezy-backports main

NOTE: replace 'uk' with your country code, probably 'it'

run 'apt-get update'

install samba with:

apt-get -t wheezy-backports install samba samba-common-bin samba-common
samba-libs samba-vfs-modules samba-dsdb-modules tdb-tools libwbclient0
libsmbclient winbind ldb-tools zip arj mktemp acl attr quota krb5-config
libnss-winbind libpam-winbind libpam-krb5 krb5-user

This will get you samba 4.1.17

Rowland