[Samba] Samba 4.2 AD, DC and winbindd

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Jun 3 02:47:37 MDT 2015

Your right...

The wiki is half correct..

.. it says..
Users having a „server services“ line in their DC smb.conf, need to replace the „winbind“ entry by „winbindd“:
and the example is correct.

Users not having a „server services“ line (default values), need to add the parameter „winbindd“:
this was wrong, below is correct.
server services = -winbind, +winbindd

and as extra,
Users which want to use the old samba 4.1 winbind on 4.2, need to set.