[Samba] Samba 4.2 AD, DC and winbindd

Luca Olivetti luca at wetron.es
Wed Jun 3 01:50:18 MDT 2015

El 03/06/15 a les 08:00, Marc Muehlfeld ha escrit:
> Hello,
>
> Am 03.06.2015 um 06:57 schrieb Jacky Chan:
>> I am using samba 4.2.1 and want to clarify that do i need to start the
>> winbindd service in AD and DC?
>
> I tried to clarify this on the page now:
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/RFC2307_backend#Using_Winbindd_on_a_Samba_DC

Mmmh, I don't have a "server services" line, I didn't add one and
apparently uid/gid to names mapping is working properly (there are
several winbindd processes running).
Besides, it seem to me that the advice is contradictory: with "server
services" you say to start winbindd instead of winbind, while without
you say to do the opposite?
And regarding "Additionally the steps described in Configuring RFC2307
for Winbindd are required": those settings are ignored on the DC (well,
I'm not sure *all* of them are ignored, but I see no difference with or
without them, specifically "winbind nss info" *doesn't* pull the
information from AD, but, unfortunately, only from "template homedir"
and "template shell").
The only line that matters on the DC seems to be "idmap_ldb:use rfc2307
= yes"

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti