[Samba] Can't join machine without full access

Luca Olivetti luca at wetron.es
Tue Jun 2 09:17:27 MDT 2015

El 02/06/15 a les 17:00, L.P.H. van Belle ha escrit:

> read this one:
> http://windowsitpro.com/windows-server/jsi-tip-8144-how-can-i-allow-ordinary-user-add-computer-domain

Yes, option 2 there ("delegate rights using active directory users and
computers") works, I wonder then what the "Add machine to domain" in the
common tasks list in the wizard[*] actually does (since it doesn't work).
Since option 1 involves GPOs, I suppose it would only work for windows
machines, not Linux ones?

[*]did I tell you that I hate wizards, especially when they don't work? ;-)

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Wetron Automation Technology http://www.wetron.es