[Samba] GPO "ignored" on Windows 8 after upgrade to Sernet Samba 4.2.2.

Daniel Carrasco Marín danielmadrid19 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 10:55:42 MDT 2015

Hi,

I've updated my Sernet Samba AD from 4.2.1 to 4.2.2 an now i've problems
with GPO on Windows 8.1.
I've some GPO with group permissions to mount some network drives but after
upgrade to latest version of Samba 4 are not working. When I check the GPO
status it shows as "correct" but the drives are not in the machine. Even
the "net" command don't show any network drive in the machine.

I've tried on two different machines and same behaviour, in one of both
after several restarts the drives have been appeared, but later i was the
same problem with one of them.
All Windows 7 machines are working as expected then is a problem with
Windows 8. Share permissions are working fine too (if i run "net use X:
\\somewhere\folder" it works).

¿What can be the problem?. Thanks!!

PDTA: I've tried the commands from update page too:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Updating_Samba#Updates_of_early_Samba_4_version_on_Samba_Active_Directory_DCs