[Samba] Linux Workstation x SMB4 DC

Denis Cardon denis.cardon at tranquil-it-systems.fr
Fri Jul 31 17:53:03 UTC 2015

Hi Jefferson,

Le 31/07/2015 15:22, Jefferson B. Limeira a écrit :
> What is the best way to authenticate users in SMB4 DC on Linux workstation?
> I'm using pam_winbind, but sometimes its very slow...

Configuring everything correctly on the workstation side is quite
tricky. If you have laptops among your workstations, you'll have to deal
with caching credentials, groups, users, sid mappings, and so on.
Otherwise it will be a PITA when network connection to the DC is not
available.

PAM and NSSwitch are very tricky beasts to tame properly! Currently, I'd
say that the easiest way of dealing with all those tricky thing is to
use the pbis from Powerbroker :

http://www.powerbrokeropen.org/

Cheers,

Denis