[Samba] How to configure passdb backend with LDAP

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny241155 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 07:58:54 UTC 2015

On 31/07/15 08:08, Juan Pardo wrote:
> hello
>
> I want to know  if I can use Samba 4.1.6-ubuntu to authenticate against an LDAP (v.2.4). I need that  users can access to a shared folder only if samba find  the account in the LDAP. The parameter passdb backend does not work to me.
>
> Regard,
> Juan Pardo

You can use samba 4 just like samba 3 and use LDAP for authentication,
but something tells me this is not what you mean. If you mean 'can I set
up samba 4 as an AD DC with an LDAP backend instead of the builtin LDAP
server' then the answer is no.

It may help us to help you, if you could describe a bit better what you
are trying to achieve and what you have done so far to try and get it
working.

Rowland