[Samba] Samba4 Domain member only usable with ip

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny241155 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 17:10:26 UTC 2015

On 27/07/15 16:50, zorg wrote:
> Le 27/07/2015 17:02, Rowland Penny a écrit :

>>> Look at the log I got this error when using dnsname not wih the ip
>>>
>>> [2015/07/27 16:50:06.225754,  1]
>>> ../source3/librpc/crypto/gse.c:465(gse_get_server_auth_token)
>>>   gss_accept_sec_context failed with [ Miscellaneous failure (see
>>> text): Failed to find cifs/smbfs.DOM.local at DOM.LOCAL(kvno 2) in
>>> keytab MEMORY:cifs_srv_keytab (arcfour-hmac-md5)]
>>>

>> Are you actually using a domain that ends in .local ? if so, try
>> turning off Avahi on the member server and then try again.
>>
>> Rowland
>>

> yes it end with .local
> I don't have avahi
> samba is running in the lxc container

Honestly don't know much about lxc containers, but isn't it something
similar to using a VM ? i.e. you run a distro in the container inside
another OS.
So, if you are running Jessie inside the container, you may be running
Avahi without knowing it, Jessie starts it as standard.

You should also check that all the required samba/AD ports are open on
the container and the container can connect to the AD DC by any and all
means.

Rowland