[Samba] building samba git master: error with pyldb-util/ldb

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny241155 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 15:08:11 UTC 2015

On 19/07/15 15:02, Paul Wise wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to build samba git master on Debian jessie with backported
> ldb/talloc/tdb/tevent

Why ? is there some specific reason to not use the libraries that
building samba will produce ?
> but am getting this error even though the
> required libraries are installed. Does anyone have any suggestions
> about how to debug this? I tried increasing the waf verbosity, no luck.
>
> ERROR: Use of system library pyldb-util depends on missing system
> library/libraries ['ldb']

This could mean anything, your installed library may not be where the
samba build expects to find it or it might not be the right version etc.

> I'm also getting this warning despite docbook-xsl being installed.
>
> A local copy of the docbook.xsl wasn't found on your system consider
> installing package like docbook-xsl

Just what did you install prior to attempting to build samba ? Did you
follow the list on the samba wiki page ?

Rowland