[Samba] Samba-Tool Error

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny241155 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 18:44:58 UTC 2015

On 15/07/15 18:26, Donaldson Jeff wrote:
> Greetings,
>

> A little while ago I started receiving an error any time I tried to run a samba-tool command on my pdc. My bdc is showing inbound and outbound working just fine with the pdc. The error I am receiving is ldb: unable to stat module /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/samba/ldb : No such file or directory.
>

> Is this just as simple as creating a soft link to /usr/local/samba/lib/ldb?
>

> Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!
>
> Regards,
> Jeff
>
> Jeff Donaldson
> Technology Director
> Newark Charter School
> jeff.donaldson at ncs.k12.de.us
> (302) 369-2001 ext: 425

Hi, two things, if you are using samba-tool, then you are using AD, in
which case you do not have a pdc and a bdc, you have a DC and another DC
:-)

Secondly, did you have another version of samba4 installed before you
compiled samba4 yourself? If so, you may be using the wrong samba-tool.
Check your PATH with 'env | grep PATH'

Rowland