[Samba] Problems with Login on Samba 4

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny241155 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 06:17:23 UTC 2015

On 15/07/15 02:57, Marcio Demetrio Bacci wrote:
> I implemented Samba 4.2.2 on my network 2 weeks ago.
>
> I created an image of Ubuntu 14.04 with the PBIS (PowerBroker Identity
> Services Open
>
> ) installed and configured to include the stations in the domain. This
> image was install in 250 workstations and everything was working perfectly,
> but the computers didn't appear in the MS RSAT as domain members, because
> we forgot to run the “domainjoin-cli join DOMAIN.COM Administrator” command.
>
> Today many users could not log on the network. With this we run the command
> "domainjoin-cli join DOMAIN.COM Administrator" and then users were able to
> log on the network.
>
> My questions are the following:
>
> 1. Why worked properly for 2 weeks without having added the stations in the
> domain?

No idea, you haven't given us enough info to formulate a theory :-)

> 2. Only the command execution "domainjoin-cli join DOMAIN.COM
> Administrator" solve the problem?

That is not really a question, it is a statement, but just in case you
are asking 'is running the command "domainjoin-cli join DOMAIN.COM
Administrator" the only way to solve the problem, then without further
info, it is nigh on impossible to say. Samba doesn't support pbis, so I
would suggest that any questions about anything to do with it should be
taken to its mailing list.

You do not need pbis, it is just another layer on top of samba and may
be causing your problems, but I don't really know without you posting
more info (logs, smb.conf etc) from your Linux machines.

Rowland