[Samba] Constant error messages about failure to remove oplock

Thu Jul 9 16:37:06 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jul 09, 2015 at 01:09:05PM +0530, Shyam Kaushik wrote:
> Hi Volker,
>
> Yes this problem happens when we have "kernel oplocks = no". This happened
> constantly in one of production systems & so we disabled level2-oplock
> /set kernel-oplocks=yes (to avoid this issue). So unfortunately don’t have
> an environment where it reproduces now & cannot capture strace.
>
> I modified smbtorture/smb2 to do a test exactly like the tcpdump trace,
> but the problem doesn’t happen. One thing is we don’t have session
> create/tree-connect captured for the below problematic case. Do you think
> it can have any influence on this (like varied parameters negotiated at
> session establish)?
>
> Also one difference b/n the smbtorture/smb2 test that I wrote is, in the
> tcpdump I see that when the original problem happened, in SMB2/create
> response, samba returned allocation-size=1MB whereas in my test, this is
> not returned. I am not sure how this can happen as SMB2 create request in
> tcpdump has
> 	ExtraInfo DHnQ MxAc QFid
> (i.e. no ALSI specified in it). Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks for your inputs!

No, sorry, not really. If I had a reproducer I'd probably
very quickly be able to see what's going on. The things I'd
look at are the debug level 10 log together with the strace.

With best regards,

Volker

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de