[Samba] Windows 10 in Samba 3 domain: netlogon share access denied

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 15:08:12 UTC 2015

> I got the same problem with Build 10162. I dont think it's an Samba
> issue. It seems that Windows 10 dont like "\\....\netlogon". Our Samba
> 3.5.6 PDC works like a charm for win 7. From my Win10 PC i can access
> everything except \\dc1\netlogon

Hmm. On 2 test boxes I am now getting no login servers available on
10162 (while it worked for previous builds and I do not experience
that on my windows 7 or 8.x machines). 10130 crashed just after the
login was accepted if the network cables were connected ( I have 2
networks at work gigabit private to samba doman only + internet
corporate network ). After I pulled the network cables to let 10130 in
I experienced the same netlogin problem. My PDC and BDCs are samba
4.2.2.

John