[Samba] Windows 8.1 Join Domain

Daniel Carrasco MarĂ­n danielmadrid19 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 18:27:58 UTC 2015

http://tam.belchenstuermer.de/join-a-samba-domain-with-dot-in-its-name-using
>> -windows-8-1/
>>

>> Good Luck
>> Daniel
>>

>> EDV Daniel Müller
>>
>> Leitung EDV
>> Tropenklinik Paul-Lechler-Krankenhaus
>> Paul-Lechler-Str. 24
>> 72076 Tübingen
>> Tel.: 07071/206-463, Fax: 07071/206-499
>> eMail: mueller at tropenklinik.de
>> Internet: www.tropenklinik.de

Im
>> Auftrag von Daniel Carrasco Marín
>> Gesendet: Freitag, 26. Juni 2015 12:13
>> An: Chuck Theobald
>> Cc: samba
>> Betreff: Re: [Samba] Windows 8.1 Join Domain

>>> I have Samba 3.6.6 configured as a domain controller, but am unable to
>>> get new machines to join the domain. I've set the WINS on these
>>> machines in the
>>> IPv4 network configuration and get as far as entering my samba (ldap)
>>> credentials, but the whirlything spins for a while then says it cannot
>>> contact the domain, domain does not exist.
>>>
>>> If a machine had already been part of the domain when it was XP, then
>>> re-joining seems to work, but new machines are unable to join. I
>>> suspect that this may be related to my add machine script, but that
>>> script works so far as creating the record, but still no welcome into
the

>> domain.
>>>
>>> What is the current wisdom for making this happen each and every time
>>> for all my machines?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> --
>>> Chuck Theobald
>>> System Administrator
>>> The Robert and Beverly Lewis Center for Neuroimaging University of
>>> Oregon
>>> P: 541-346-0343
>>> F: 541-346-0345
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>> I had a similar problem with a W7 machine and Samba 3. In my case was
>> because i had joined a Samba 4 domain before, but this lines on a .reg
file
>> fixed my problem:
>>

>> Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
>>
>> ; Win7_Samba3DomainMember

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanManWorkstation\Para
>> meters]
>>
>> "DNSNameResolutionRequired"=dword:00000000
>> "DomainCompatibilityMode"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Servicess\Netlogon\Parameters]
>> "RequireSignOrSeal"=dword:00000001
>> "RequireStrongKey"=dword:00000001
>>

>> Please, remember to backup the original registry settings to allow to
>> restore if something goes wrong.
>>
>> Greetings!!
>> --
>>

> Thank you to those who replied. Unfortunately, neither of the solutions
offered made a difference in my case, I am still unable to get my Windows 7
and 8.1 machines to join the domain.

> --
> Chuck Theobald
> System Administrator
> The Robert and Beverly Lewis Center for Neuroimaging
> University of Oregon
> P: 541-346-0343
> F: 541-346-0345

Maybe is a stupid question but, have you rebooted the domain server?
I've got the same problem just a few hours ago and was fixed rebooting the
server (sometimes happens).

Greetings!!