[Samba] Samba4 roaming profiles & ownership of profile.V2 folders [RESOLVED]

Gary Dale garydale at torfree.net
Sat Jul 4 17:51:26 UTC 2015

On 04/07/15 04:22 AM, Rowland Penny wrote:
> On 04/07/15 00:58, Gary Dale wrote:

>>> Hi, have a look here:
>>> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_%26_Windows_Profiles
>>>
>>> Rowland
>>
>> Thanks. I'd been trying that without success. The section on using
>> ACLs doesn't work in my case for some reason.
>>

> The 'reason' is probably why profiles don't work.
>
> Are you doing this on a DC or a member server ? on a DC I get this:
>
> root at dc01:~# getent group "domain admins"
> EXAMPLE\Domain Admins:*:10002:
>
> and on a member server:
>
> rowland at ThinkPad ~ $ getent group "domain admins"
> domain_admins:x:10002:s4admin,rowland,administrator
>
> I have RFC2307 attributes in AD and winbind set up on both.

I get nothing when I run the command on the AD DC. There are currently
no member servers.

I followed the instructions at
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_AD_DC_HOWTO and did include the
--use-rfc2307. The only change I made was it doesn't actually mention
installing kerberos but I found it necessary when I got to the configure
kerberos section.

According to the wiki, I don't have to do any winbind config, although
they don't recommend using a DC as a file server due to some problems
with winbind. Unfortunately I only have the one server in this location.