[Samba] Internal DNS CNAME To Amazon Web Services Problem

Paul Littlefield info at paully.co.uk
Fri Jul 3 06:49:30 UTC 2015

On 02/07/15 22:13, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> I suggest contacting the companies on this list:
>
> https://www.samba.org/samba/support/globalsupport.html
>
> Sadly there are not many Samba consulting/development companies
> worldwide that offer services direct to clients, but two I am aware of
> are listed on that page.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Andrew Bartlett

Hello Andrew

Thank you for your message.

One of the companies I contacted suggested switching to BIND for DNS, which would fix the problem, and it is an option for the far future.

We are living with my workaround for now using an A record and a 301 Redirect on another internal server.

It's not ideal, but it works for now.

May I thank you for your continued major work on Samba, which allows us to run Linux servers at our company.

Regards,

Paul Littlefield