[Samba] W7 client cannot adjust file permissions via ADUC

Bob of Donelson Trophy bob at donelsontrophy.net
Fri Jan 30 14:19:29 MST 2015

Both DC1 and member server return nothing on 'getent passwd
Administrator'

I have no other users other than 'root' and 'Administrator' on all three
(DC1, DC2 & member.)

My plan was to get file permissions (aka profiles) working and add some
test users.

How do I add test users via linux side? (I'm with you, get linux side
working first.)

---

-------------------------

Bob Wooden of Donelson Trophy

615.885.2846 (main)
www.donelsontrophy.com [1]

"Everyone deserves an award!!"

On 2015-01-30 15:12, Rowland Penny wrote:

> On 30/01/15 20:48, Bob of Donelson Trophy wrote:
>
>> Okay, added 'gidNumber: 10000' to the domain users group on DC1. (Was within my range 500-40000.) getnet passwd [user] returns nothing on DC1. W7 client still a "no". And now?
>
> Have you tried getent on the member server ?
>
> Lets forget W7 for the moment, get the Unix side working and then go to W7.
>
> If I run getent on the DC I get this:
>
> root at dc01:~# getent passwd rowland
> EXAMPLErowland:*:10000:10000:Rowland Penny:/home/HOME/rowland:/bin/bash
>
> So lets check a few files:
>
> /etc/resolv.conf should point to itself, I use
>
> search example.com
> nameserver 127.0.0.1
>
> /etc/krb5.conf should contain this:
>
> [libdefaults]
> default_realm = EXAMPLE.COM
> dns_lookup_realm = false
> dns_lookup_kdc = true
>
> /etc/nsswitch.conf
>
> should have these two lines set like this:
>
> passwd: compat winbind
> group: compat winbind
>
> Finally can you run:
>
> pam-auth-update
>
> I have these enabled.
>
> Kerberos authentication
> Unix authentication
> Winbind NT/Active Directory authentication
> GNOME Keyring Daemon - Login keyring management
> ConsoleKit Session Management
> Inheritable Capabilities Management
>
> Rowland

Links: