[Samba] rfc2307 deprecated in Windows 2012 R2?

Hans-Kristian Bakke hkbakke at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 15:56:28 MST 2015

Something went wrong and the message got sent before it was finished.
Here is the complete one:

Ok, it's here: http://pastebin.com/JEnr5wUq

The id_offset is that value because i initially didn't use rfc2307
attributes, but instead had

idmap config EXAMPLE : range = 300000-499999

in smb.conf.

To get identical uid/gids have to start with the same offset. If you
have a fresh domain and just starting with AD-integration on your
linux-boxes you can just pull out the logic for generating winbind
compatible uids/gids.

-
Regards,

Hans-Kristian