[Samba] Failure reporting (mixed feelings)

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Jan 29 11:54:13 MST 2015

On Sun, 2015-01-25 at 22:59 +0100, Twan Duis wrote:

> - Samba4 intergrated DNS is having problems using forwarders (Google's
> 8.8.8.8), as 'internet' is sometimes not working. I have added a
> Windows 2008 DC with DNS to solve the forwarding issue's but hope
> samba4 can solve this issue.....

If you are having trouble with forwarding packets via Samba, then don't
forward packets via Samba.  Either use BIND9 and the DLZ module, or on
another IP use BIND9 as your DNS server, with a zone of type 'forward'
pointing at your Samba DC.  You don't have to make Samba's internal DNS
server the choke point regarding DNS for your whole network if you are
having issues.

Andrew Bartlett