[Samba] Changing DC from external to internal DNS

Lars Hanke debian at lhanke.de
Thu Jan 29 10:42:47 MST 2015

>> Seen BUGS had been filled , as some forest entrys for forward
>> and reverse not correctly created by samba tool while using bind9 dlz.

Does anyone have a reference to these bugs? I filed a bug against bind
and will withdraw it. After I fixed DNS using RSAT now both DC are
working nicely and the zone transfer backup files saved my ass this week.

If the bugs are filed already against Samba then it's probably not
necessary to file them again inside Debian.

>> looks like  that the docu for "samba-tool dns upgrade internal."
>>   that had been dropted of the dns managment wiki page.. ?!?
> Hi, there is another page for that:
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Changing_the_DNS_backend

It's a pity it did show up on Google during my searches. Today it's all
about finding information in time.

Thanks,
  - lars.

PS: Meanwhile even NFS4 is running again without me changing anything.
Seems like it just took some time after correction of the DNS until all
subsystems were back in sync. The system complexity is dreadful!