[Samba] W7 client cannot adjust file permissions via ADUC

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Thu Jan 29 07:05:37 MST 2015

ok, seen it..

"administratorSERNAME%"?

I'll change that, i did only some tests from windows.
and i dont never set uid/gid to Administrator.

-- Changed in the old script.

but remember, you should NEVER set UID/GID for adminstrator, because...

Now administrator has uid 50001 ...
and this should be 0 ( root )
This is why we also use the user mapping !root = "DOMAIN\Administrator" ....

Always create a new user and add this one to the group "Domain Admins"

Also, i have set profile/uid/gid/nis for the Domain Administrator.
And if you set a other user for "Domain Administrator,
on the member servers also add a line for this user in the usermapping file.
since you need root access. or..
try set the rights as starter like :

something like..
setfacl -R -m default:user:Administrator:rwx /home/samba
setfacl -R -m default:group:domain\ admins:rwx /home/samba

Louis