[Samba] Samba 4.0.7 doesn't work with Russian credentials

Tompkins, Michael Michael.Tompkins at xerox.com
Thu Jan 29 05:47:52 MST 2015

Sorry about the lack of info. So in the wireshark trace, our printer smbclient 4.0.7 sends a Unicode value in Russian of фыва with a password of Фыва123. The server rejects the login attempt with STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE. The second attempt is with the linux version smbclient 4.0.7, and the same credentials to the same server work.  The only thing I see different in the requests are the flags sent:
    First trace:
        Flags:
	1  Canonicalized Pathnames
        Flags2:
	1 Long names used
	0 Security Signatures
	1 Extended Attributes
        Capabilities:
	0 Large Files
	0 Dfs

So the user and password are being sent via Unicode. To reproduce, the letters are just "asdf" on a Russian keyboard (I use winrus.com/keyboard.htm to type and then copy).   Does this help ?

Thanks,
- Mike