[Samba] [SOLVED] Re: Can't get idmap_ad to work with winbind (only idmap_rid)

a.braml at buerger-energie-berlin.de a.braml at buerger-energie-berlin.de
Wed Jan 28 17:24:22 MST 2015

Hi!

Solved, this time for good.

Am 28.01.2015 23:25, schrieb a.braml at buerger-energie-berlin.de:
> Which might take a while, figuring our where to put compiled binaries
> etc.
> The stock packages are too old (no libnss-winbind for starters) and I
> don't
> feel like registering at SerNet.
> But I have a hunch that this was why it didn't work back then - me too
> stupid,
> not putting libs in the right directory or something like that.

Just following the documentation helps for sure. Of course a BFS Samba
4.2.0rc4
works on Ubuntu 12.04.

As to "idmap_ad on FreeBSD with Samba 4 doesn't work" - well, never
trust a Makefile you haven't
written yourself :D

You have to select

[x] EXP_MODULES

when you do the make config in net/samba41 port directory. If you don't,
the idmap_ad
module won't get installed. And having that one certainly helps if you
intend to use idmap_ad...

I'll try to reach the FreeBSD Samba folks if they have any plans to move
idmap_ad out of the
experimental stage soon (with 4.2 perhaps). Having an option for Active
Directory client support
that's broken by default isn't likely to help you make friends.

Cheers,
Adnreas