[Samba] problem giving setting user permissions on specific folder

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 11:27:28 MST 2015

Sometimes I have had problems with member servers.  With the windows
client, I set permissions on the file.  But when I open the permissions
windows, the permissions have not been retained.         I use Samba 3.x
machines as "classic" domain controllers-  I suspect you are using an
Win 200x AD domain controller.

On the linux machine, what happens if you type "wbinfo -u" or "wbinfo -g" ?