[Samba] rfc2307 deprecated in Windows 2012 R2?

Tim lists at kiuni.de
Wed Jan 28 09:22:52 MST 2015

I got the chance to test samba 4 with windows 2012 R2 domain controller on its highest functional level.

Possibly it's important to know that M$ says that the "server for NIS Tools" which are needed to set rfc attributes are deprecated.
I could install them but I can't choose a NIS domain anymore in Unix attributes.

Will we run into problems with samba4? Is it time for thinking about a new idmapping backend? I have an idea for this (based on rid module) but I like to know your thoughts.

Regards
Tim