[Samba] W7 client cannot adjust file permissions via ADUC

Marcel de Reuver marcel at de.reuver.org
Wed Jan 28 09:40:53 MST 2015

> I have been improving my DC. I now have a DC01, DC02 and a DCMEMBER01.
> All running sernet-samba 4.1.16 on Debian 7.8.0 thanks to Louis' (old)
> scripts. (Any linux client work has gone on hold, for the moment.)
>
> Next step was to adjust the file permissions as instructed on "Setup and
> configure file shares with Windows ACLs". When I access the "Computer
> Management" (thru ADUC on W7 client) it informs me that I do not have
> permission to access anything on the member server and I should contact
> my administrator.

Is your W7 pc a domain member and are you logged in as domain administrator
on that Windows client?
Has the domain administrator the "SeDiskOperatorPrivilege" set? See  for
the details: https://wiki.samba.org/index.php
/Setup_and_configure_file_shares_with_Windows_ACLs#SeDiskOperatorPrivilege

Regards,
Marcel